Monday, June 25, 2007

Harry Potter and the Thinly Veiled Flirting

While I typically hestitate to share my somewhat alarming obsession with Harry Potter with the general public (if by "hesitate to share" I mean "babble to anyone who will listen to me"), press season for the movies tends to be the time I air my thoughts. With Order of the Pheonix premiering on Thursday in Tokyo, I knew it was time for Harry Potter Hair Watch 2007. I was not disappointed.

Two batches of press junket photos have revealed:
a. That Rupert Grint has finally (FINALLY) learned what the appropriate length and cut for his hair is,
b. That I am still unable to decide whether or not Dan Radcliffe is, or will be, decent looking,
c. That Emma Watson and Rupert Grint made the correct decision in getting their teeth fixed in between films,
d. That Dan should take note, and
e. That Emma Watson was clearly told "YOU MUST BE TOUCHING A FELLOW CASTMEMBER AT ALL TIMES."

Now, I like Watson a lot. She seems fairly well grounded, tends to show up places looking fabulous, and still manages to kick absolute ass at school. I love the fact that she almost passed up the last two movies because she wants so badly to go to university, and forced WB to work around that. She also has pretty hair. But, for real (and seriously this is just a taste):

"Note my casual posture, my nonchalant shoulder touching. Yes, the flirting has begun."

"It APPEARS like we are dating, does it not?"


"Not so fast. I can touch him, too."

"I can flirt with them in a box, with a fox, in a house, with a mouse, here or there, or anywhere. Even in front of Parliament. Especially there."

"HAHAHAHA, you've noticed that I will not let them go! Flirting, flirting, flirting! HAHAHA."

"For real, bitches."

What would have happened if Jonathan Rhys Myers or Hugh Dancy or somebody was in these films? Would she be draped around his shoulders? Sitting on his lap?

God knows what would happen if Channing Tatum was around.

No comments: